🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IsoEdit v1.0 released! Check it out

Started by
1 comment, last by Voodoo4 23 years, 10 months ago
My directx isometric map editor,IsoEdit v1.0 is now released though not completely finished. It has many features like: *Point and click tile placing *Open and Save Map functions *A fast loading map file format *Tile preview and size information *The ability to add your own bitmaps *Three layers(Base,fringe,Objects) *Custom layer visibility for easier editing *Friendly user interface *Quit large map size accepted(limited by your memory as far as i know) *Accurate coordinate system *Smooth scrolling *User defined scrolling speed and many other will be added. Here''s a screenshot(quite crappy though): Screenshot You can get the editor here: IsoEdit v1.0 You will need DirectX 7.0 and msvbvm60.dll which you can get here: Msvbvm60.dll Please check it out and report any bugs,comments,things you didn''t like and things you want to be added. Be sure to read the readme.txt for some important information! Voodoo4 - vxvoodoo@x-treme.gr
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
Advertisement
Your editor is alright, everything works perfect.

Some nice features you can implement:
-make it possible to fill/delete blocks by holding left/right mouse button, moving and releasing it.
-switch layers on/off with numeric keys.
-change edit layer with shift+numeric key.

Oh yeah, the scroll speed isn''t always the same, it''s faster when there are not many tiles on screen. Other than that, it''s perfect.

--------------------------Programmers don't byte, they nibble a bit. Unknown Person-------------------------
"-make it possible to fill/delete blocks by holding left/right mouse button, moving and releasing it."

Hmmm...This is a nice idea!Thanks i''ll check it out.

About the layers i think the checkboxes thing is just fine right now but in the final version where i ''ll have user defined layers numeric changing will be a great help.

Thanks for your time!

Voodoo4

Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement