🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My RTS game project.

Started by
3 comments, last by Shirtybear 23 years, 11 months ago
Hey there! I've just completed up a BETA version of my RTS game project and I'm looking for people who could check it out and comment(bugs, suggestions etc..). Also if you could tell me the system you ran the game on it'd be great. The game is held at: http://members.xoom.com/exertusda/exertus.zip It's 10.7 MB to download and about 40 MB unzipped. All you have to do is unzip it into any directory, and run EXERTUS.EXE. Also it requires DirectX 7 or higher. The project site for it is: http://www.exertusda.bizhosting.com/ Check out the above site to learn more about the game and read up on how to play it. The manual is contained in the downloads section. Well, all help would be greatly appreciated. Edited by - Shirtybear on 8/3/00 7:22:21 AM
"If it''s not broken, don''t fix it"
Advertisement
10.7MB?!?!?!?

Not everybody has cable modems y''know...

Try uploading a ''lite'' version, maybe without sound or something...

========
Smidge
www.smidge-tech.co.uk
========
--Mr Smidge
This is the "light" version... I had to butcher out a lot of the sounds in order to reduce the size. Also it''s only got 5 levels in total in it. That is 2 missions per side for a normal game and 1 level for a skirmish game.
"If it''s not broken, don''t fix it"
Concidering the average game demo now is around 90 megs, I would say that is Lite
Hi!
I have tested the game now, I must admite that it was fun to play

but I''m very confused about the way you use the bitmaps.
there is 1 screen for every stuff. for an example: why dont you copy all the text to separate bitmaps and then blit them to a destination rect?? You could save about 60 to 75% of disc space.
(like you do with the bitmaps that contains objects).

either way, it was a good game I think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement