🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My page had been redesigned!

Started by
17 comments, last by SHilbert 23 years, 11 months ago
My way of doing things is just the first style I learned and it is rather aesthetic IMCHO.

Java-Script has a standard coding convention?!!

joeG
joeG
Advertisement
Well, java-script''s not supposed to be case-sensitive, but most references show the standard functions beginning with lower-case letters.

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam
I prefer:

int doSomething;
int DoSomething();

But some people just think I''m goofy.
Much nicer page, Scott! A few minor things I thought of since I''ve seen both versions:
-Include version numbers. I suggest putting them in the text for the Download link.
-If their are any screenshots and logos, make thumbnails of them to put under the Project Name heading. Just leave the others as text, except for the SigTool. Do it up as a nice rainbow

If that''s too much to ask, I''d be happy to do the work! I''m in a web-page mood right now

Hmm, I can''t seem to dowload the Bubbles screensaver. I keep getting a 403 - Forbidden Access error. I wonder if anyone else is having this error, or if it''s my connection. {It''s saddening to know that not everyone can access the full internet.}

----Sonic Silicon----
quote: Original post by SonicSilicon

Much nicer page, Scott! A few minor things I thought of since I''ve seen both versions:
-Include version numbers. I suggest putting them in the text for the Download link.
-If their are any screenshots and logos, make thumbnails of them to put under the Project Name heading. Just leave the others as text, except for the SigTool. Do it up as a nice rainbow
Version numbers are a good idea Same for the logos/icons. In fact, I need to add the file''s sizes too...

If that''s too much to ask, I''d be happy to do the work! I''m in a web-page mood right now
I''ll do it, I have tons of time anyway.

Hmm, I can''t seem to dowload the Bubbles screensaver. I keep getting a 403 - Forbidden Access error. I wonder if anyone else is having this error, or if it''s my connection. {It''s saddening to know that not everyone can access the full internet.}

I accidentally forgot to change Bubbles.zip to lowercase I fixed it. I hope that was the problem. If you still can''t get it, I can email it to you.

I just noticed that you''re using curly braces for parentheses... is that a Pascal commenting habit or just coincidence?

quote: Original post by SHilbert
I accidentally forgot to change Bubbles.zip to lowercase I fixed it. I hope that was the problem. If you still can''t get it, I can email it to you.

I just noticed that you''re using curly braces for parentheses... is that a Pascal commenting habit or just coincidence?

Changing Bubbles to lowercase didn''t work . As for my use of curly brackets, I started using them because parantheses became confusing around smilecons. {And, no, I''ve never really touched pascal that much }

D''oh!
The new link does work. I accidently told go!zilla to make the new file a mirror instead of a seperate file, thus the same error was occuring. BTW, SHilb, please ask me first next time you decide to send a file my way I wasn''t that desperate for the file, just trying to be helpful.
Scott Hillbert> Thanks for making KirbyPC, It made me too make a
platform game. And it''s going great.

KirbyPC has been a good help while making it.
It have helped me with graphics. And by looking at how you''ve made stuff.
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
You''re welcome!
I''m glad I''ve helped someone. Keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement