🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Does The theme = The Dream

Started by
10 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 11 months ago
Forgot to add -- I agree that you must have your entire plot finished *before* you start implementing it. That''s because you want the entire structure of your game as outlined as possible before you start. ***Especially*** if you are a beginner. You want to form good habits, not bad ones. Without a good plan before you start, you''re likely to get yourself stuck in a mess of code that isn''t going anywhere. You''ll also end up with a storyline that sucks. Don''t take shortcuts just because you''re a beginner; you''ll regret it later.
Advertisement
Well thats probably something thats lacking in sport games isn''t it, theme that is. Speedball is a sport game with a theme. Hmmm, i see a genre going to waste here.

I don''t think that themes are taken seriously enough in the CG industry. It appears to me that its just kind of wacked on overnight and not much thought goes into creating theme. I mean, theme goes a long way with the sell point of a game doesn''t it?

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement