🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help Me

Started by
1 comment, last by Mory 23 years, 12 months ago
Ok, heres the deal. I am still in the land of ancient times. QBasic was powerful BEFORE i knew the alphabet but I''ve got to let it go. Can someone help me PLease. THe only two languages I know are Qbasic and VisualBasic. I need to make an Online interactive or a platform commercial game but those 2 languages are worth anything. Could you get me out of the ENIAC era and give me some basic tips of how to program in C++, Java, you know, the big boys. Mory 16 yrs old
Advertisement
I''ll leave any newbie-bashing up to someone else. All I have to say is:

Visual Basic is a perfectly good language (esp. for something like a platform game--not TOO power-hungry). If you know it, USE it. I suggest using the DX7 DLL to speed things up. Good luck.

------------------------------
Changing the face of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
I agree qBasic is very old but Visual Basic is powerful enough.
I managed to program my isometric RPG engine in VB and it works as fine as in c++.
I can tell you Vb is very good and since you don''t know any c++ yet i would advice you to start with it.

Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement