🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The dream game

Started by
28 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 12 months ago
Presuming you didn''t have to worry about market pressures, money etc what would be your dream game to design. Lets also presume you have the reasources like the state of the art 3D graphics, perfect music, collision detection unlimited etc and the best in the world AI (and then some) for your game and everyone in the world has super fast cable connection plus 100ghz processors in their computers. No hardware limitations. What would you design? Dream away! WE are their, "Sons of the Free"
Advertisement
Solitare?

sorry couldn't resist

Edited by - thr33d on July 1, 2000 2:47:07 AM
pong....or I''d make a 3d shooter sooo realistic/not realistic that you can blow up the world.

------------------------
Captured Reality
Easy. A historical Horror game called "Ties of the Blood", the design of which was the very reason I got into game design. The concept drawings will likely go up on my website soon enough.

Most of the resources would go into appropriate lighting.

======
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates

"Question everything. Especially Landfish."
-Matt
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
sorry about the last post, it sort of set the thread off to a bad start.

however, it is to far in the future to say what i would do.
probably a recursive fractal subdivision of the 3d world data available to us to create extremely life like results, with this engine any game (on earth) could be created. by then people would probably opt for low grav games or something then...

-mike
Simulate the universe maybe?
I could just feed the computer with all the laws of physics and start the simulation from the Big Bang.I could adjust how fast time would go and so i could study the universe without having to travel anywhere in the chaos.Just sitting on my chair.
Crazy heh?
Well it supposes you find out what physical laws existed at the time of the Big Bang.Scientists only know the laws existing only some billionths of the second after the Bang.But they say at time zero there were Unknown physical laws.
Pretty bad

Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...

Mmmmmm...... a bitchin 3D shooter. Wait, I can code that now! So then, did anybody see the mousetraps/ping pong ball example from the XBox--I''d like a better one of those or something that had real physics. Scratch that (again), I''d take UT any day.

Exhaustive ramblings
-----------------------------1. "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock." 2. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else." 3. "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-Dan Quayle4. If life gives you sour grapes, squash them and make wine!
HUmm.. i''m in agreement with VooDoo4 on the universe.. I want to model one and let it run in like 200x speed to see if life forms and how much life forms.. hehe.
Also, i want to make an AI entity that can combine ideas in a realistic way. This combination of ideas could lead to unkown discoveries and such and follows the pattern i''ve found in life that is how we discover something

As for a game.. i''d make what i''m making now with better AI and graphics and music.. hehe.
I''d also put the engine of things like this into my car along with other technologies from this time. The adibility to have 360 degree night vision and such would be in my car. I''m also working on a ground-based mapping radar.. hehe. I figured this would be nice to have at night and in rain when most people simply can''t "see" the road well, and end up wrecking because of that. It would hopefully be able to read the roadway and put it up on your windshield so even if you couldn''t see it, you could see where the computer has drawn it for you that way you stay in your lane.. hehe. I''m still working on how to read and interpret the lil lines on the road and filter those in as well.. humm.

J
er.. sorry, that last one was mine, forgot i''m on a different computer and my info isn''t put into here for me

J
I think a model of a country could be neat, with horrendous poly counts so it is almost real. Turn that into a war simulation with lots of big guns and explosions. That could be kinda neat.

Shrapnel Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement