🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Post your latest bots!

Started by
30 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 20 years, 8 months ago
quote: Original post by BIG_DOG
T2K, your dl is just an empty zip file. Please fix, for I would love to see what everyone else is raving about. And LuckyNewbie, you have a broken link. I''m trying to feel out my competition, but the 2 bots I can''t get seem to be the strongest ones.

uhm with lucky you will get a bot that rotates and rotates till it sees an enemy, then it attacks... and my bot, zip is ok, maybe your dl-manager or something else, ive put the dll directly on my ftp, same as in zip! Hexagon.dll (poor aiming, FSM with a bogus state, stops bot acting when lost enemy for 10sec,...)
havent found time in the last days, i will maybe improve the ai in some days... whats the actual bulletspeed?

T2k
Advertisement
There doesn''t seem to be any v.4 bots...I just got v.4 and none of the bots work with it.

quote: Original post by BIG_DOG
There doesn''t seem to be any v.4 bots...I just got v.4 and none of the bots work with it.

my bot is actually 0.4 (i think ive put the 0.4 version into the zip) otherwise 0.3 bots will work, you cant use GDALaunch with older bots but the arena will work with them, it will give you a message @ startup per bot and a bug@shutdown... edit the ini file by hand

T2k
Thanks T2K. I think I''ve got it figured out now. Got any more bots I can open up a can on? ;-)
Hey T2k,
I was trying your bot, but it''s update cycle takes too long! In case you wanted to know, I''m running a 1.8 Ghz Intel Celeron.

Anyway, looking for more v.4 bots to test, please....

Awesome contest, guys.

Aeroum
oh iam runnung an Athlon XP2Ghz @ 1,667 ghz a crappy GF4go and it runs without timeouts (as long as the bot doesnt get stuck and pushes his cpu time up to 200% ), but i dont know how good it will run on the target pc...

T2k
I will convert mine tommorow.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
HuBot is, well, stupid. I have yet to take advantage of mapping... WHICH WILL GIVE MY BOT THE EDGE! Okay, probably not.

EDIT: I've uploaded a new version of HuBot, basically the same bot with a few changes. And, if you're wondering, HuBot does have another thread for updating the debug window; I'll remove that later.

[edited by - Dcower on September 6, 2003 8:03:24 PM]
quote: Original post by cowsarenotevil
I will convert mine tommorow.

I''m waiting...
quote: Original post by Dcower I''m waiting...

I''ve been having trouble. My computer is having some problems and I seem to have misplaced the CD with the source. There''s nothing new to see anyway.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement