🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

To Paul Cunningham

Started by
45 comments, last by DarkMage139 23 years, 11 months ago
Yep to the Gourad shading, and think of the algorithm god developed to generate that real time sky effect -woo.

GOD - first person to develop the First Person perspective view.
AND his AI routines rock.

-----------------------------------------------
All messages are of my own personal opinion and
not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)

Neuro.
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
Advertisement
I got second dibs, hang on. Ummm

don''t hit the send button, dont hit the send button, don

WE are their,
"Sons of the Free"
Yeah, the universe still has the best engine. And scalability!

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
Actually, if the universe is constantly expanding, then the best algorithm it is not Because that means it''s going to hit a point where it runs out of system resources, and crushes back in on itself. It''s a constant algorithm! (yes, i believe in big bang)

J
Personally i don''t believe the universe is expanding. I think its being stretched by outer universal forces that are pulling on the fabric of time space the same way the contents of a black hole pull everthing in.

WE are their,
"Sons of the Free"
So we''re basically surrounded by a black hole? great...

J
How do you know were not in a black hole right now?! Have you ever been in a black hole? So then would any of you really be able to judge whether or not were just experiencing the inside of a black hole?!?

*glances around nervously*

----------------------------------------
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
I we are talking about the real universe they have two theories of what is going to happen.

a) The universe keeps expanding, stars get further apart until one day void. All will be cold and nothing will exist.

b) It will reach a point and then start coming in on itself. Eventually it will come down to the size of an atom like before and we will have another big bang, new universe etc.

Has anyone ever thought though, if the universe is everything, where the hell is it expanding into ???

-----------------------------------------------
All messages are of my own personal opinion and
not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)

Neuro.
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
Talking about the universe? Oh, I gotta get in on this one...

Paul''s idea isn''t far-fetched. There''s a smooth sheet of microwave radiation coming from all sides of the universe, so there may be something out there pulling us toward it. Personally, I don''t believe that, but you never know. There has to be SOMETHING to make up for the chaos in our universe, because an explosion wouldn''t do it.

Neuro forgot to mention the third (and most likely) possibility:
c) Our universe will expand until it slows to a stop, at which point it will sit forever until it cools down to zero Kelvin and ceases to exist (based on the second law of thermodynamics).

In order for this to happen, the mass of our universe must be equal to the omega ratio (which is roughly one hydrogen atom per cubic meter). The most promising Big-Bang theory thus far suggests that our universe would HAVE to meet this requirement, which means we''ll slow to a stop.

Neuro posed the interesting question, "What the hell is our universe expanding into?" Who knows? Who will ever know? Most likely our star system will cease to exist long before the universe is over. It''s possible there are other universes like ours far away. Maybe someday we''ll master transporting matter through quantum foam. Then we can go there and find out.

Just more theories. Served with coffee and crumpets.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

You guys started to talk about what will happen
to universe, and stuff which is very interesting, but
I just had a question.. I saw you were mentioning
"virtual companies" Do any of you know if companies
with people in different countries have succeeded to
create any games like this? I find it hard to believe,
but I guess it could work with good communication, and
if people stick to THEIR work. Need a good leader I can
only assume. Just a thought-

"garbage in garbagecan? hm.. makes sense"
"garbage in garbagecan? hm.. makes sense"

This topic is closed to new replies.