🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Alternate Views/Chase-cam

Started by
2 comments, last by bjmumblingmiles 21 years ago
Kevin, this is great! Thanks for putting your time into it. My bot is coming along...just finished the framework for my FSM. One thing I''d love is the ability to change the view point. simple zoom and pan would be cool, but I''d love watching from a chase cam. It would be really awesome. If you dont have time its still cool. thanks Brian J
DL Vacuum - A media file organizer I made | Mumbling Miles - A band I was the guitarist/vocalist for
Brian J
Advertisement
I''m glad you like it. I would like the viewpoint changes as well, but since it''s more of a cosmetic issue, I''ve held off implementing it. Because of the prototype approach to this version of the gdarena executable, I''ll probably include the viewpoint changes in the rewrite.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Just a small suggestion, but you could expose an interface for the camera (something basic like camera pos and dir, or something like gluLookAt) and allow one of the bots to control it.. then a bot could be written to have its own chase cam.

Er, or not, depending on whether the bots would be able to figure out the correct absolute coords.
Ummm...let''s please not start screwing this up with adding in specifics like coordinates or opengl or whatever else. The simpleness of it so far is a great advantage IMO. To create a good player, you have to actually be creative and combine the simple actions to create more intelligent behaviors. Using coordinates seems about on the fun level of writing pong AI.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement