🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Defect Reports

Started by
150 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 12 months ago
I''m not so sure that the walls are being told to the bot correctly.

It seems that when my bot is right up against the left or top wall, it returns that it sees two objects, both walls, with the same coordinates. On the right or bottom wall, I get nothing. Might just be a sign issue or something similar.

£§
£§
Advertisement
quote: Original post by flipper76108
thanks to T2K for making his bot available. he kinda looks like a boxer bobbin'' and weavin''.

my first test, one that runs in circles but does OK once it finds the enemy, and made with the positive only angles in mind, can be downloaded here. it''s the Leftie.zip file. sorry, no direct linkds allowed.

it''s still pretty stupid and still gets hung up sometimes but maybe you''ll find it useful.

EDIT: to change direct link to page link instead.

[edited by - flipper76108 on August 4, 2003 1:06:00 AM]

hrm...are you sure that is the most up to date dll? when i fight my bot against Leftie, Leftie just sits there and says "Learning" over and over...while my bot blows him to smithereens!
(doesn''t look like he learns fast enough, eh! erm...i guess i could go on to make more jokes at your bots expense, but i''ll pass!)

------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)

sometimes it does stuff, on mine it runs into a wall and then just tries to run past it. When my bot hits it, it takes off running. It doesn''t get far though.
Umm, sorry if I missed this (I tried to scan all of the posts). The source code says:

// 5 parameters
bool GetObjectsInSight(int objIdx, int &objectType, float &direction, float &distance, float &objDirection) = 0;

The documentation says:

// 4 parameters
GetObjectsInSight(int objIdx, int &objectType, float &direction, float &distance);

What''s the last parameter objDirection supposed to indicate?
Shouldn''t IPlayer and ICore have virtual destructors?
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
hey thanks for the encouraging words drreagan and particleG. i should have known better than to try and help out around here. just make sure to wipe that jiz off your hands before you pat yourself on the back anymore.
Hehe my boy beat TK''s eMan ...

His health - 81

My health - 87

He hit me with a grenade, but he also hit himself.

I can honestly say that I hit him at max 3 shots of the laser o.O
quote: Original post by flipper76108
hey thanks for the encouraging words drreagan and particleG. i should have known better than to try and help out around here. just make sure to wipe that jiz off your hands before you pat yourself on the back anymore.

woah woah! i think maybe you misread my meaning there! i wasn''t attacking you at all...i just figured you accidently put an older version of the .dll or something up. because you describe what the bot should do, and on my machine, at least, your bot doesn''t do what you say it should (just sits there and says "learning"). i don''t think particleG was attacking you either...just trying to give feedback. seriously, i apologize if you were offended...come on though, there is no need for lowering the discussion to insults about "jiz" and whatnot.

A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)
-walls can only be seend when looking to the left or up (to see the right wall u have to look to the left...)
-you can see walls not in your fov (distancecheck 4 solving!?)
-debug/release timeout switch works wrong way (release disables timeout)
-both tauntstrings (debug/release) are limited to 19chars

T2k
Erm, I get the impression that i'm doing something wrong somewhere because i can't get the thing to work

I grabbed the 3/8/03 release and unzipped it, yet on starting the gdarena.exe all i get is a window (complete with menu and status bars) and a big white empty space.. The app sucks up about 90% cpu, so after a while i clicked the go button and there was no perceptible change - it just sits their accusingly

Is there some sort of log file i can look at? I tried win2000 compatability mode but that didnt seem to make a difference.

Edit: I get an access violation @ 0xC0000005 if i try to run it in VS's debugger within seconds of the app starting. Without the source the only other information that it spits out is that the call stack is sitting @ GDARENA! 00401bfa().

[edited by - OrangyTang on August 4, 2003 8:00:44 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement