🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for a game development team.

Started by
2 comments, last by goltrpoat 24 years, 1 month ago
OK, here goes. I've got about 5 or 6 years of 3d graphics development behind me, I've worked in the industry, I know what it takes to start a project and finish it. I'm looking for a few experienced people (not necessarily experienced professionally, you just have to know what you're doing ). The project is subject to discussion, but I'm thinking of a 3rd person 3D CRPG. That way I would be able to contribute the most, having worked on a commercial RPG project before, plus I practically have an entire script in my head ready to be put down in writing. I also have several pretty innovative ideas, ranging from new algorithms to gameplay aspects, an outdoors engine that's about 60-70% finished (by finished I mean commercial quality) and I'm starting work on a new indoors engine that will be incorporated into the main engine at some point. As for funding - there isn't any, and there won't be any until we have a demo that we can show to a publisher or an independant investor. On one hand, that means that I won't be able to pay anyone salary until we get the funding, but on the other hand, no one has to relocate. It also means that there is no budget, so there are no limits on the team size - if you know what you're doing and believe you can contribute to the project, go ahead and contact me. My email address is goltrpoat@hotmail.com, drop me a line if you're interested and tell me what your main area of expertise is. I figure for the time being, we'll need 2-3 coders, several 2d and 3d artists that agree on the genre, and animators. Designers, level designers, sound people, network coders, etc, won't really be necessary until at least a few months into the project, but if you're one of those people and are interested, by all means drop me a line and I'll keep you in mind. I'll set up a mailing list once enough people respond, and probably an IRC meeting. -goltrpoat -- Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile. Edited by - goltrpoat on 5/18/00 5:23:28 AM
--Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.
Advertisement
Another thing - I''m well familiar with the business aspect of game development, and have numerous contacts in the industry, so acquiring funding once we have a demo is something I''m sure will go fairly smoothly and painlessly.

-goltrpoat

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

--Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.
see http://www.x-caliber.org
I would love to help as a designer or whatever...
please e-mail me at Masticore2000@linkline.com
| / |/ _ | | / __ __ | / | | |__| /__ || | / | -| | | / || | / | _| | |/ __||__ | _/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement