🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Framework Project

Started by
-1 comments, last by chippydip 24 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I''m starting up a project to fill a void in the game design community. There is a lot of information and tutorials out there about how to do specific parts of game programming such as graphics and sound, but there is very little information about the actual framwork that holds everything together and makes up the read game. Enter GPI - The Game Programming Interface is an attempt to fill this void by creating a project, and eventually a product, that will help people learn how the pieces of a good game fit together. Currently the GPI is in its early design phase, but I would like to get as much input as possible from other people early in the development so that I can fix any fatal flaws before they become too ingrained in the architecture. As the project progresses, I would like to get more people involved in making test gamed using the GPI so that I can really give it a work out and figure out what''s working and what still needs work. To achieve this, I will be helping to organize any begginer -> intermediate game programmers, developers, artists, etc. that would like to work on projects such as those described in the "How to make games? A path to game development" article on this site. If any of this sounds interesting, stop on by and take a look at my site. There is a lot more information there about the project, complete with diagrams of the intended GPI architecture. Just click on the link below. Check out the GPI project today! Check out the GPI project today!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement